Friday, June 12, 2009

Hudson River Valley Weekend







This past weekend we ventured to the Hudson River Valley in NY.  Saturday we went to Storm King which is this huge (500 acre) sculpture park. It is so big that they have a tram that takes you around to different spots. PC loved riding the tram and wanted to stay all day. So, I now describe the place as the Disneyland of art museums. Paul and I were most excited to see the stone wall by Andy Goldsworthy (http://www.stormking.org/AndyGoldsworthy.html).  These pics are for Caroline & Jon-wish you'd been there with us!! We went down to the Hudson river on Sunday where Paul's office had transformed a concrete rock pile into a beautiful, useable park ( http://www.scenichudson.org/whatyoucando/visitourparks/longdockbeacon). There was a festival with music and food. PC had fun playing in the river.  I'd definitely recommend a trip to the Hudson Valley if you ever have a chance (just about 1 hr from NYC). 

No comments: