Wolf Spider
Copperhead Snake
So, life in the sticks of South Carolina is definitely different than Boston or Memphis. We've been having wonderful warm spring weather. We love it and have been outside most of the day. However, we aren't the only ones getting out and exploring. Paul had to kill a copperhead snake in the part of the yard that is still covered with wisteria. As if that wasn't enough for me-we found a baby king snake in the LIVING ROOM!! Yes, I screamed, stood on furniture and considered packing my bags and heading for the city that very night. Oh, and Sunday I found a spider as big as a tarantula cruising alongside Ellie in the backyard. It turned out to be the South Carolina state spider: Carolina Wolf Spider. I am not sure how much I can take of the critters. I think I am ready for winter already!
No comments:
Post a Comment